egg retrieval down, the transfer to go…

Yesterday was the day of my egg retrieval, and I am excited to say that they retrieved 20 eggs! I am happy with that amount, and the doc said the procedure went smoothly.

The whole day was so weird for me, though. I really wasn’t too nervous for the procedure because a few weeks ago I had a polyp in my uterus removed, and I figured it couldn’t be any worse than that. So they bring me into the room, set up my IV, and then the next thing I remember is waking up alone and crying. And I mean uncontrollably crying. As soon as I realized I was crying, it dawned on me that the reason WHY I was crying was because I expected to wake up and see my husband next to me. The nurse came in about that time and asked me about my pain level thinking that’s why I was crying, and all I could blurt out was “I just miss my husband, I wish he was here.” Bless her little heart, she was super sweet and gave me a few minutes alone to compose myself. Later on when I spoke to my dad about what had happened, and rosemary too, they both told me they think that maybe somehow Dennis had been there in the room with me the whole time, and that’s why I was so upset when he wasn’t there when I woke up. I don’t know what I believe when it comes to that kind of stuff. I think that I was probably just dreaming about him while I was under, but the thought of him being there is comforting, even if far fetched.

Then I had to move and get dressed… And with that came a surge of pain. They told me to expect “cramping,” but this felt more like all of the organs in my lower abdomen were being squeezed all at once, which sent shooting pains through my body. Nothing even similar to cramping. Once I got home I went straight to bed to try and sleep it off, and I slept ALL DAY until this morning. I used a heating pad during some spurts of my sleep, and it seemed to help. This morning when I woke up, I felt about 80% better. Now as the day is ending I feel almost back to normal. I will say though, that this bloating is the worst it’s ever been, and I can’t wait to be rid of it!

The next step is waiting for my doctor to call me tomorrow (weds). He will call me and tell me how many embryos I have, what the quality of them are, when my transfer will be, and his recommendation of how many to transfer. My transfer will be either Thursday or Saturday, but he told me it will probably be Saturday. Either way I am extremely excited and anxious to get this phone call!

You guys, I may very well be pregnant by the end of this week. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?! I can’t believe it’s finally here. Fingers crossed!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s